Thursday, February 17, 2011

Romania Take 1

I found a really interesting street scene on Google maps in Romania to participate in the Virtual Paintout challenge. Here's the first layer, blocking in the figures. I like the flow, but I'm not sure the figures really fit the page. Hmmm. I'll have to play with it. Maybe even to another. Also the colors are pretty much WSIWYG. I think I'll play with that too, to get a more interesting congruent painting. This scene was just so interesting. Four women, dressed from ultra-conservative and old fashion to quite the hip sundress.

1 comment:

  1. Once more your eye for composition is strong - the diagonal with larger figures in front. The eye kind of goes off the page with the white pavement lines at the top. Perhaps texture in the concrete to bring it back around. Other ideas: Ground the figures with shadows or texture, add more feature to each figure (shadows from one to the other, perhaps fabric design on one of the dress. -something to make the eye stop and dwell on each figure.) Perhaps use colors other than gray for shadows. I think it is an excellent start, stay with it and see where it takes you. Since you are using acrylic you can add a lot without getting muddy.

    ReplyDelete